Everything indicates that our activities have significantly contributed to the deterioration of the surrounding nature. There is no doubt that it is necessary to make changes to our lifestyle.
More and more countries take decisions related to the implementation of environmental policy and sustainable development. They see the need for more economical use of natural resources and undertake numerous initiatives to protect the environment. The issues related to energy management, industry and transport seem to be of particular importance. The problem of the use of water resources is also under special attention.
While we need joint and coordinated global environmental action, each of us can contribute to the improvement of the condition of our planet. By changing your daily habits you can contribute to the improvement of ecological and climatic conditions. Little things count when millions make them. Where to start? Below are some practical tips on how you can change your life today.
- Don't waste your food. 1/4 of our food is thrown away. Do not feed the trash can, plan your purchases rationally. Fill up the fridge on a regular basis. You will avoid expiry of the products. Try to live by the zero waste idea. It is not difficult at all. There is plenty of advice on the Internet.
- Choose a bike, scooter or public transport instead of a car. If possible, of course, because often you can't do without a car, but try to think eco.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth. You can save up to 5 liters of water per day. Staying on the topic of water - choose a shower instead of a bathtub. On average, shower users use half as much water. Use vegetable and fruit washing water to water your plants. Make sure your dishwasher is fully loaded and use eco mode.
- Save electricity. Install energy-saving LED fluorescent lamps. Turn off unnecessary light. If you plan to buy new equipment, choose the energy-saving versions.
- Avoid plastic. Don't buy bottled water, but drink tap water - direct or filtered. Go shopping with your own bag and try to buy local produce at the same time. Instead of plastic products, such as drinking straws or toothbrushes, choose bamboo.
- It is extremely important to segregate waste. Some of them can be recycled and reused in production, thus reducing the need for natural resources. By segregating rubbish, we also reduce pollution.